Saturday, August 29, 2015

One Lake To Another

For the 4th of July I took a much needed journey back to the Northwoods of Minnesota to visit my folks on Lake Vermilion.  My folks summered there and spent their time cleaning out and beginning to fix up the cabin.  As always, my time there (though much too brief) brought exactly what I needed; relaxation, laughter, fun, a bit of adventure, and soul peace.  Here's some photos from my stay:

This was my room for the stay, I got to be in the loft at the cabin!

Even had my own bathroom

The Back of the cabin.

Out on the Lake

Lake View from the loft

The laundry area

Washer

Love MN



The old outhouse from when the cabin was first built

Brandy loves the lake


Sunset in the boat

Sunset boat ride 

Love that view of the bay

View from the screen porch

Pretty Lupine 

Sunset off the dock



Lake at Night

Black Duck Bay

Dad riding the boat up the lift


Boat ride
Brandy isn't so sure about the new boat

Fireworks

Northwoods 4th 

Fireworks across the bay

Brandy dog

Can you spot the crawdad?  (they find your feet when you swim!)

On the Lake

Pine Island

Beaver dam in the bay

Lilly pad 

Storm moving in

Lake Superior
Lake Superior
Lake Superior

I got home just in time to have a wonderful anniversary dinner with my love at The Wandering Table which was delightful (if you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it).



Anniversary Dinner

Next up:  July Flew By

No comments:

Post a Comment